Cookies & Privacy
General Privacy & GDPR Statement
What information we may collect?
When you register with us, we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, delivery address, contact details and, if when you place an order, your credit card details.
We will store this data (except for your credit card details) and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfil our agreement with you and to provide you with the best possible service. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998).
We keep a record of:
- Your purchases - This means we can send you the most relevant offers. We can also deal a lot quicker with any problems you may experience with your order.
- Any e-mail correspondence you send us - This helps us keep track any problems or concerns you have had with our products or services.
- Your incoming calls and sometimes play back - This enables us to continually improve on our high standards of customer service and to help with the training of new staff.
As a result of opting in to receive marketing we may provide you with information about the products and services we offer. We may inform you by e-mail, mail or otherwise about products and services which we consider may be of interest to you, provided you have opted-in to receive such communication from us.
You have the right to contact us should you wish for your non-essential information to be removed from our system, or to be removed from mailing lists. Essential information - such as transactional information - must be securely stored by us for legal reasons and cannot be removed. We do not have access to your essential information.
How we use your Personal Data
We are committed to using your personal information only for:
- Dealing with orders and accounts for the supply of our goods and services.
- Assessment and analysis (ie. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme.
- Providing you with information about the products and services we offer. We may inform you by e-mail, mail or otherwise about products and services which we consider may be of interest to you, provided you have opted in to receive such communication from us.
- Letting you know about offers from other companies, but only with your permission.
- Assessing your request for delivery of goods and services from us where we may make enquiries about you including searching your records held by organisations like Equifax and credit reference agencies. At all times where we use or disclose your information it will remain secure.
- To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
There are only five circumstances where we may share some of your data with others:
- With agents (including credit reference agencies, credit card clearing agencies (Shopify Payments, PayPal, Barclays Merchant Services in UK and Payment Tech in USA), fraud prevention and detection agencies) that we use to process the orders you place with us or who assist us in the service we provide to you. In these instances, we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function.
- To outside research companies whom we may ask to contact you directly for your opinions on our products and services (in which case we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function).
- World Homes Ltd reserves the right to disclose information about you as required by law, in response to legal process and law enforcement requests, and as necessary to protect the property, interests and rights of World Homes Ltd its affiliates, and others.
- With third-party marketing and social media companies such as Instagram, Facebook and other Meta-owned sites and apps, and Google Shopping.
Cookies allow us to provide you with customised information from our website. A cookie operates like an internet user's identification card, which tells a web site when the user has returned.
Cookies only contain and transfer to the web site as much information as the users themselves have disclosed to that web site.
Without cookies, it would be very difficult for a web site to allow a visitor to fill up a shopping bag or to remember the user's preferences or registration details for a future visit.
In accordance with The European Union Directive on Privacy and Electronic Communications (the "Directive"), which came into force on 31st July 2002, we are to inform users if cookies are being used and to provide some information on how cookies are used. Further information on this subject is available at www.aboutcookies.org.
Users have the option to set their computers to reject cookies and the way to do this is explained on www.aboutcookies.org . If you turn off cookies though, we will not be able to track your order to enable you to purchase from our site. Nor will we be able to recognise you as a registered user, which allows you to access your account information.
Third Party Tracking
Google's use of personal data can be found here.
Facebook's (Meta) own privacy information can be found here.
Shopify's use of personal data can be found here.
The Data Protection Officer
196 Westbourne Grove, London, W11 2RH
Protecting your credit card and order information is very important to us.
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect your online order information as it is transmitted over the Internet. SSL is the gold standard in Internet encryption technology, which means it is a highly sophisticated method of scrambling data as it travels from your computer to our website servers. Your browser should show an icon to indicate that it has made a secure connection.
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal details. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
The Site is not directed to children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under 16. If we learn that we have collected information from a child under 16, we will take steps to obtain the consent of that child's parent or guardian prior to processing that child's information any further. If do not obtain the parent or guardian's consent, we will delete the child's information from our systems.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect new ways that we process your information. If we make significant changes that affect your information, we will provide you notice of such changes through the Site, by email, or some other means of contact. This notice will give you an opportunity to review the changes before we use your information in these different ways.
How to Contact Us / Data Protection Officer / Data Request / Removal of Data
We always want to hear from our customers - especially with your questions, comments, or concerns about our privacy practices. Please don't hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer by sending us an email at email@example.com.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request all of the personal data we store and use about you for a better experience in our store.
Right to be forgotten
Please email us at email@example.com if you want to remove your personal and other data from our store. Keep in mind that this process will delete your account, so you will no longer be able to access or use it anymore.